ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The workshop is based principally on the dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The first days are dedicated to an experiential journey through the major life themes of the Exercises. Each participant will have the opportunity to accompany another member of the Workshop in a three day silent retreat. During the retreats there are seminars on the art and practice of accompanying as well as one-to-one supervision with a team member.
The whole Workshop process includes:–
- Times for prayer and personal reflection.
- Times of contemplative listening to each other in small groups.
- Art and practice of the gift of discernment.
- A time of accompanying another on a three day retreat with supervision
- and the opportunity to be accompanied on a three day retreat.
- Sessions during which the team share something of their experience in relation to a contemporary understanding of the Spiritual Exercises as a pattern of our own soul journey and a help in accompanying others.
- The opportunity throughout the workshop to engage with a variety of resources which can expand and deepen our relationship with God: e.g. Art, music, poetry, story and dreams, as well as the riches revealed in scripture.
- We are mindful that some psychological insights, particularly Jungian, can be helpful in giving a contemporary understanding to the Spiritual Exercises.